- ABOUT US
1. Cut off and discard artichoke stem and all but 1.5 inches from leafy top. Pull off leaves down to pale yellow ones. Cut off all green parts from outside. Halve artichoke through stem and use a pointed teaspoon to dig out fluffy, fibrous choke. Cut artichoke into 1/4 inch dice.
2. Cook fresh (or thawed frozen) artichoke, shallot, 1 Tbsp oil, and 1/4 tsp salt in a
small saucepan over medium-low heat, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic; cook until artichoke is tender, 5 minutes more. Let cool.
3. To artichoke mixture add 2 Tbsp oil, the lemon juice, 1/4 tsp pepper, the chopped parsley, and olives. Stir; let relish sit at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat broiler with rack set close to heat. Broil baguette slices on a baking sheet, turning once, until light golden, 3-4 minutes total. On 1 side, lightly rub toasts with garlic clove, brush with remaining 1 Tbsp oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Spread toasts with cheese, leaving a corner uncovered, and top with relish. Set a parsley leaf on each.