Pork Chops with Balsamic Cherry Sauce
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb dried cherries (soak in warm water for 1 hour and drain)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsps orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 large pork chops, bone-in
- butter for frying
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the cherries, broth, marmalade, and balsamic.
3. Summer until sauce thickens a little, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the pork chops until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with the sauce.
Sweet Paul Magazine | Photo © Frances Janisch