December 8, 2014
- 1 lb boned pork loin
- 1 4-oz link hot turkey Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 28-oz can Italian-style whole tomatoes, undrained & chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. Trim fat from the pork and cut into 1/4-inch cubes.
2. Remove casing from sausage and cook in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon.
3. Add onion to the pan and saute for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add pork and saute another 5 minutes.
4. Add sausage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir in broth and wine, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil again, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Serve over pasta, sprinkle with cheese, and garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
Join Our Newsletter!
Receive exclusive invitations, news and 10% off your first order when you sign up.