Ravioli with Green Pea Pesto
- 18 ozs cheese-filled ravioli or tortellini
- 2 1/2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt & pepper
1. In a 5 to 6 quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil and add
ravioli. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender to bite, 4-6 minutes. Drain.
2. In a blender or food processor, purée peas, broth, 2 cups basil leaves, and mint leaves.
3. In a 3 to 4 quart pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake pine nuts until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour from pan.
4. Add oil and garlic to pan; stir just until garlic begins to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add pea mixture and stir until steaming.
5. Add drained ravioli to sauce and mix gently. Spoon equally into wide bowls.
6. Cut remaining basil leaves into slivers and scatter over portions. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.