Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
December 12, 2014
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsps prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 lbs whole leg of lamb
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator over night.
2. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
3. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
4. Bake at 450ºF for 20 minutes, the reduce heat to 400ºF and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for meduim rare. The internal temperature should be at least 145ºF when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Join Our Newsletter!
Receive exclusive invitations, news and 10% off your first order when you sign up.