- 16 extra large white mushrooms
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsps Andis 2012 Grenache
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 6 scallions, white & green parts, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 5 ozs mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tbsps minced fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop finely. Set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 1/2 tablespoons Andis 2012 Grenache. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, crumbling it with a spoon. Cook the sausage for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until completely browned. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the scallions and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Panko crumbs, stirring to combine evenly with all other ingredients. Swirl the mascarpone and continue cooking until it has melted and made the sausage mixture creamy.
3. Off the heat, stir in Parmesan, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool slightly.
4. Fill each mushroom generously with sausage mixture. Arrange mushrooms in a baking dish large enough to hold all the mushrooms in a snug single layer. Bake for 50 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty.
Ina Garten - Food Network