Creamy Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
Spring is upon us in California and in wine country that means it's time to start the transition from red to white wines. As the days start to warm up and we spend more time outside reaching for a chilled glass of white wine can be the perfect addition to your day.
Salads and seafood are often easy pairings with white wine but we enjoy the richness of this Creamy Mushroom Bow Tie pasta with our 2018 Old Vine Semillon and our 2019 Cuveè Blanc. Both wines impart the perfect balance of citrus and bright pops of acidity that help cut through the richness of this pasta.
CREAMY MUSHROOM BOW TIE PASTA
2 c. bow tie pasta
4 oz. pancetta
2 T. shallots or onions, chopped fine
3/4 lb fresh mushrooms white button or cremini, 1/4" diced
3 T. buttered
fresh ground pepper
6 T heavy whipping cream
4 T parmesan, grated
1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
squeeze of fresh lemon
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for time listed on package.
2. While pasta is cooking, sauté pancetta in a large sauté pan over medium heat until pancetta is crisp. Remove pancetta and drain on paper towel. In same pan add mushrooms & onion a pinch of salt and a few grindings of pepper. Continue to sauté until mushroom liquid has cooked out.
3. Add butter to the mushrooms and onion. Once butter has melted add heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until sauce has slightly thickened.
4. Add cooked pasta directly to your sauté pan. Toss pasta to coat in sauce.
5. Sprinkle pasta with grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve hot out of pan.
Adapted from Marcella Hazan, Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. Mushroom, Ham and Cream Sauce.