Recent news, stories from the winemaker, happenings around the winery, recipes and more!
We couldn't be more proud of our team and the delicious wines we've been creating. From the likes of Jeb Dunnuck and James Suckling to Sunset Magazine the word is out that Amador County and Andis WInes are producing wines that rival the likes of Napa and Sonoma vintners.
Check out our current selection here - SHOP ANDIS WINES
Elevate your weeknight meals with a simple yet elegant lamb shoulder with a sauce made from garden herbs. For under $20 and in less than 15 minutes you can dine on Broiled Lamb Shoulder with Mint Chimichurri sauce.
Freshen up the 1960's pairing of lamb with jiggly mint jelly by drizzling your lamb with the Argentinian staple, Chimichurri.
We've decided to pair our dish with our Painted Fields Red Blend, meticulously balanced featuring 30% Malbec, another Argentinian favorite.
Lamb Shoulder with Mint Chimichurri
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup chopped mint
¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons red chile flakes
salt and pepper
2 pounds of lamb shoulder
Combine parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red chile flakes, salt and pepper. Rub half of the mixture over 2 pounds of lamb shoulder chops or chunks, and marinate overnight.
Heat a grill or broiler with the rack 4 to 6 inches from the flame. Wipe off the marinade; grill or broil, turning once, until medium, 4 or 5 minutes per side. Serve with the remaining chimichurri.
Serve with roasted or salt boiled potatoes to soak up the extra Chimichurri sauce.
Spring is upon us in California and in wine country that means it's time to start the transition from red to white wines. As the days start to warm up and we spend more time outside reaching for a chilled glass of white wine can be the perfect addition to your day.
Salads and seafood are often easy pairings with white wine but we enjoy the richness of this Creamy Mushroom Bow Tie pasta with our 2018 Old Vine Semillon and our 2019 Cuveè Blanc. Both wines impart the perfect balance of citrus and bright pops of acidity that help cut through the richness of this pasta.
CREAMY MUSHROOM BOW TIE PASTA
2 c. bow tie pasta
4 oz. pancetta
2 T. shallots or onions, chopped fine
3/4 lb fresh mushrooms white button or cremini, 1/4" diced
3 T. buttered
fresh ground pepper
6 T heavy whipping cream
4 T parmesan, grated
1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
squeeze of fresh lemon
1. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for time listed on package.
2. While pasta is cooking, sauté pancetta in a large sauté pan over medium heat until pancetta is crisp. Remove pancetta and drain on paper towel. In same pan add mushrooms & onion a pinch of salt and a few grindings of pepper. Continue to sauté until mushroom liquid has cooked out.
3. Add butter to the mushrooms and onion. Once butter has melted add heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until sauce has slightly thickened.
4. Add cooked pasta directly to your sauté pan. Toss pasta to coat in sauce.
5. Sprinkle pasta with grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve hot out of pan.
Adapted from Marcella Hazan, Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. Mushroom, Ham and Cream Sauce.
Seems like everyone could use something warm and puffy right now. Our very own Rebecca Bozzo is sharing her recipe for a Dutch Baby pancake. Create a little bit of sunshine in your day with some simple pantry ingredients and then top it with powdered sugar, a decadent sauce or nothing at all.
We want you to enjoy Andis Wines at home with whatever you're cooking so we're offering -
Free Shipping* when you order 6 bottles or more. Visit our online shop to order your favorite wine!
DUTCH BABY PANCAKE
2 Tbl Butter
1/4 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Flour
3/4 c. Milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in cast iron skillet or other oven safe pan. Remove from heat once butter has melted and set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl or blender mix Eggs, Sugar, Flour, Milk and Vanilla. Pour in pan with melted butter.
4. Bake in skillet for 20 minutes. Pancake should puff up in oven.
5. Serve warm. Dust with powder sugar, squeez of lemon of with Plum Sauce.
5 oz jar Jamnation, Plum & Get It (or Ohter jam)
1/2 Meyer Lemon
1. Heat Jam over low heat, squeeze half a Meyer lemon into jam. Stir and drizzle warm over Dutch Baby.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
Follow along with Becca on our YouTube Channel!